You are here: Fairness.com > Internships
To apply for an internship, please send the following information to email@example.com via plain text email (no attachments please, see "C" below re: resumes):
- A cover letter briefly explaining why you are applying to the Fairness.com Internship Program. Please include any specific objectives and expected benefits of the internship to you. If the internship is for academic credit (it doesn't have to be, we've had several interns who already have degrees), please include complete contact information (including email, postal mail, and phone/fax) for the faculty member or Placement Office staff person you will be coordinating with.
- Our Application Form below (filled out, of course!) cut-and-pasted as text into the body of your email.
- Resumes (optional but strongly encouraged): Copy-and-paste the text of your resume into the body of the email (don't worry about formatting being lost).
1. Your Name: ____
2a. Email Address: ____
2b. Postal Mail Address: ____
2c. Phone# (Daytime / Evening): _______________ / _______________
3. Internship(s) applying for:
NowComment.com site (Online Media, Graphic Design, Marketing/Public Relations): ___________________________
Fairness.com site (News Desk, Online Editor II, Information/Library Science): ___________________________
Please indicate with an 'X' how you learned of this internship?
- Website (please also tell us which one) ___
- Email mailing list (please also tell us which one) ___
- Friend ____
- Other ____ (please specify)
4. Please indicate college degree(s) you are working towards or have already earned:
(overall & in Major)
|Degree Date (Anticipated or Earned)|
|PhD. or Other|
5. Requested Internship Dates
My preferred start date would be ___/___/___ (Month/Day/Year).
My end date would be ___/___/___ (Month/Day/Year).
During the internship period above please check off one of these options:
___ I do not anticipate missing internship work days (e.g. no planned vacations, family events, weddings, etc.)
— OR —
___ I will not be available during these dates: _______
6. Internship Time Commitment
For internships during an academic term a minimum time commitment of 10 hours/week throughout the term (excluding your school's regular vacation breaks). The number of hours/week I will make available for the internship is: _____ .
— OR —
For internships outside of the academic term (usually summer) a minimum of 20 or more hours/week is required (these internships are more intensive than those during the school term). The number of hours/week I will make available for the internship is: _____ .
Most of the hours above are generally worked Monday-Friday, though interns have great flexibility about their schedules (e.g. nights, weekends, certain days of the week off). I expect that during the internship I will be available to work:
Monday-Friday shifts only ____
— or —
Mainly Monday-Friday but some weekend time is OK ____ (relevant only to News Desk and Writing Internships; helpful but not required).
7. Faculty or Professional References
Please indicate one or more faculty members who we can contact as a reference for you:
I understand that, should I be accepted as an intern at Fairness.com LLC, the following conditions will apply:
- I will be volunteering my time. I will not be paid by nor receive any compensation or benefits from Fairness.com LLC, and I will not in any sense be an employee of Fairness.com LLC. This internship is not connected with employment or any promises of future employment, and I have no expectations of such.
- Fairness.com LLC will bear neither responsibility nor liability for costs or injuries to me of any kind arising from illness or accidents occurring before, during, or after the term of any internship with Fairness.com LLC; during any internship period I will be covered by health insurance, currently provided by the following company: _______
I am 18 years old or older and certify that the information above is complete and accurate.
My Name: _________ Date: ____/____/____
Thank you for your interest in Fairness.com; we will process your application as quickly as possible.
- Arts & Humanities
- Businesses & Organizations
- Computers & Information Technology
- Family & Friends & Interpersonal
- Government & Politics / History
- Health & Medicine
- Law & Justice
- Media & Journalism
- Personal Finance & Career
- Philosophy & Religion
- Recreation & Entertainment
- Science & Technology
- Social Sciences & Groups
- Arctic / Antarctic / Greenland
- Central America / Caribbean
- Eurasia / Central Asia
- Middle East
- North America
- Oceania / AustralAsia
- South America
- About Fairness.com
- Contact Us
- Conditions of Service
- Fair Use Notice
- Advisory Board
Not a current user? Sign up!