News Desk Internship
Fairness.com LLC, publisher of the non-commercial Fairness.com website, offers several "News Desk" online internships monitoring a variety of daily RSS feeds to select stories for our website. Topics and news feeds monitored include government, business, law, information technology, international affairs, consumer affairs, etc. This is a great opportunity for "information junkies" (who would be staying current on the news on their own time anyway) and for aspiring journalists who want editorial experience.
- Read (skim) assigned news feeds to identify articles with important Fairness themes
- If those articles/topics are not already on our website, use our automated software to quickly and easily both (i) link to the those articles on the publisher's site and (ii) capture bibliographic and indexing information about the articles
Important Aspects of the Internship
- Online work environment (geographic and schedule flexibility). The program is structured for email and web communications; interns work from school or home anywhere in the country on the days (and times of day) that work best for them. Ten hours per week is generally the minimum time commitment during the school year, and twenty hours the minimum during shorter summer breaks.
- All your submissions are gathered on a publicly viewable "Personal Page" which shows the Articles you've read, analyzed, and submitted over the course of the internship.
- All work is directly related to information analysis and processing; there are no unrelated clerical, administrative, or other duties.
- The internships are unpaid, but many interns arrange to receive academic and/or service learning credits for their work through their Career Center or faculty advisor. Fairness.com is happy to coordinate with such programs.
- Extensive current events background knowledge in one or more fields
- Journalism coursework and/or editing experience is a significant plus but not required.
- Internet access (preferably broadband).
- Self-reliant work ethic; after an initial training period all of the work is done independently.
For More Information
The Internship Application is at: http://www.fairness.com/internships/applic
About us: Fairness.com LLC publishes the Fairness.com information clearinghouse website covering the gamut of fairness-related issues: public policy, consumer protection, family and workplace relationships, professional ethics, international relations, etc.
Please send any questions or inquiries about our internship programs or site to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Arts & Humanities
- Businesses & Organizations
- Computers & Information Technology
- Family & Friends & Interpersonal
- Government & Politics / History
- Health & Medicine
- Law & Justice
- Media & Journalism
- Personal Finance & Career
- Philosophy & Religion
- Recreation & Entertainment
- Science & Technology
- Social Sciences & Groups
- Arctic / Antarctic / Greenland
- Central America / Caribbean
- Eurasia / Central Asia
- Middle East
- North America
- Oceania / AustralAsia
- South America
- About Fairness.com
- Contact Us
- Conditions of Service
- Fair Use Notice
- Advisory Board
Not a current user? Sign up!