You are here: Fairness.com > About Fairness.com LLC
Any registered user who wishes to view or change his/her user name and email address (to update them or make them not personally identifiable) can do so via the "update" link at <http://www.fairness.com/pvt/home> .
If this update procedure doesn't produce the result you're looking for, or if you have any other question or concern about how FAIRNESS.COM LLC handles your personal data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Other comments about your personally identifiable information:
- If you post a comment on our Message Boards our software identifies your post by the user name you've given us but, in an effort to protect you from "spam" and other unsolicited email, does not display your email address on those pages. Be careful however not to include any personal or identifying information in your postings as that information would be accessible by others.
- If we take an order for tangible items to be shipped to you we would record additional billing and shipping information relevant to your order (e.g. your shipping address, charge card number, and phone number).
- It is always possible that our Site, our offices, or the offices of our web hosting company or contractors could be the victim of a computer security breach (an intentional attack or inadvertent error or even negligence on our part), so we cannot guarantee that the information you provide us is absolutely safe.
- Our Site, like many others, sometimes uses “cookie” technology to improve your user experience. Cookies are small pieces of data that Fairness.com may save to your computer in order to store your preferences. Cookies are not themselves personally identifiable, but may be linked to personal information that you provide to us through your interactions with our Site.
Commitment to Your Privacy and Exception Cases
FAIRNESS.COM LLC is strongly committed to respecting your privacy concerns. We don't ask for personally identifiable information other than your name and email address. As of September 2007 we have never shared that information with other entities nor do we generally expect to share that information with other entities (exception cases to both are noted below).
We reserve the right in the following exception cases to disclose personally identifiable information about you (including history and content information about your account) without your prior consent if we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- comply with legal process or other legal (or emergency) requirements of any governmental authority;
- allow outside contractors or staff members to use information that you have provided to or through FAIRNESS.COM LLC or this Site, information obtained from "cookie" computer files, and connection data such as your IP address to troubleshoot, test, and maintain the performance and functionality of our Site or to generate aggregate profile data about our users;
- protect and defend the rights, safety, interests, or property of FAIRNESS.COM LLC, its employees, its members, or other users of this Site;
- enforce the User Agreement Governing Conditions of Service and Posting; or
- fulfill services you have requested.
We also reserve the right to provide user information in aggregate form to third parties such as advertisers and sponsors.
- Arts & Humanities
- Businesses & Organizations
- Computers & Information Technology
- Family & Friends & Interpersonal
- Government & Politics / History
- Health & Medicine
- Law & Justice
- Media & Journalism
- Personal Finance & Career
- Philosophy & Religion
- Recreation & Entertainment
- Science & Technology
- Social Sciences & Groups
- Arctic / Antarctic / Greenland
- Central America / Caribbean
- Eurasia / Central Asia
- Middle East
- North America
- Oceania / AustralAsia
- South America
- About Fairness.com
- Contact Us
- Conditions of Service
- Fair Use Notice
- Advisory Board
Not a current user? Sign up!